Founding Member and Past President of the Chicago Leather Club, past president of Leather United Chicago, and an associate member of 11 other leather clubs including NLA-Dallas and NLA-I. I’m currently NLA-I rep for NLA-D and Chair of the NLA-D P&P review committee. I’ve served as a judge for leather contests and am a voracious reader of all books related to BDSM, Leather, and sex/mores-related politics and history. I’ve given more than 140 seminars on a wide variety of scene topics & kinks across the country. Professionally I’ve been in communications/PR/marketing for 30 + years, and am a former Associated Press photographer and newspaper columnist. I am a covered Master and head of the Leather Heart Clan of Dallas; our missions are fund-raising for Leather-related
charities and education and promotion of young Leather leaders.
Marketing Cookbook: Maximizing Participation at Fundraisers, Conferences & Runs
In this seminar you’ll take home a checklist of marketing & public relations how-tos and a clear understanding of how to get there! The emphasis will be on simple, effective — and cheap! Whether you’re a committee of one or 50, this class is for you…
• We’ll talk about what “branding” really is
• We’ll discuss “action” writing versus mere description
• We’ll emphasize how simplicity can be super effective
• We’ll talk about the PR/Marketing scheduling differences for one-day, one-weekend and yearlong events.
• We’ll help you learn to convince local talent to make your PR messages world-class; graphic designers, photographers, web developers and more
• We’ll talk about forging a bond with sponsors & vendors as part of the overall strategy
• We’ll talk about tweaking your messages to appeal to every unique facet of our community, LGB&T
• We’ll list print, web & social suppliers who can give you lots of bang for your precious bucks
• We’ll talk about pulling print, web, and social media together as a unified message
• Throughout this fast-paced, nuts & bolts presentation we’ll use a real-world example of a Fundraiser to pull all the “theory” together